Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to assign an issue to multiple assignees Edited

Hi I am Ramya. I am new to JIRA. Please advise me how to assign an issue to multiple assignees.

3 answers

6 votes
Elifcan Cakmak Community Leader Sep 20, 2018

Hello,

You cannot assign one issue to multiple assignees. It is an impossible thing to do in Jira. Because this is against the principle of how Jira operates. If you assign one issue to multiple people, the responsibility of the issue will be vague and not clear. That's why you cannot do it.

However if it's very crucial, you can create optional configurations. For example, you can create a mail group that consists a group of people, create a user with this mail group on Jira and assign the issue to this user. But I would not recommend such a thing because of the reason I explained above. 

If you explain the business reason why you want this, maybe we can find another solution that would fit your needs.

Regards.

As a tester I assign an issue to the developer and I would like to send the status of the issue to my TL and PM also as a notification.Please suggest.

Regards,

Ramya

Elifcan Cakmak Community Leader Sep 20, 2018

Hi,

As @bitvoodoo nick suggested below, you can use watchers feature of Jira. Check out this blog post about watchers and mentions. If you want your TL and PM to get notification every time the issue is updated you can use watchers. If you want them to get one time notification you can use mentions. 

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/using-watchers-and-mentions-effectively

Other than that you can create issue filters for more than one issue and other people can subscribe to these filters to get timely notifications that you manage.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

Regards.

Like # people like this

Hi,

Thank you for your support.

I am not able to understand from the above information.Could you please explain me step by step how to create watchers .

Regards,

Ramya

Hi @Ramya Pendem

@Elifcan Cakmak is totally right, this is a thing against Jira's principles. 

Work instead with watchers or if working with Jira Service Desk with request participants.

Cheers
Niklas

Has there been any movement on this? The participants and watchers are great if you are keeping an eye on certain issues. However, sometimes multiple tecnicians work together on the same project/task and it takes several hours to complete-- this only allows time credit due to one technician for that task. 

If anyone else is also concerned about this-- I have suggested the techs to link tickets to the original request in order to record their time working on an issue. Of course, this woudl only apply to longer projects.

However, it would be great to have multiple assignees as an option so that the "Linked" tickets don't bring up the ticket count.

Thank you

There is no movement to be made - you do not want multiple-assignees and Atlassian are not going to implement it, they closed all the requests with "won't do".

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you