- the activity of tickets

- the time-tracking

If yes, where can I set this?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2012

No. Jira doesn't do field security.

You can get close with some of the plugins and workarounds on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330 - most notably the "field level security" plugin at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfs

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2012

Oh, I missed one - I don't know what you mean by "working protocol of tickets". Do you mean the workflow? That can be hidden by group, it's in the permission scheme for the project.

Max Neuse November 27, 2012

I think "work log" is what I meant :)

"Work log", "history" and "activity" are the important things, which we should only see in-house.

The "field level security" plugin looks great. Problem is, that we have Jira 5.2, and the plugin is only supported by Jira up to 5.1.8.

Do you have another idea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2012

The link I gave jumps you straight to the plugin, but yes, it doesn't support Jira 5.2 yet. Historically, I seem to remember that Quisapps are quite quick to upgrade though, and Jira 5.2 has only been wild for a couple of weeks, so I'd expect an update soon.

Also, just to be really cheeky, you could override it and try the latest version - just because it hasn't been flagged as valid for 5.2 doesn't mean it doesn't actually work. If the APIs it uses haven't changed, then there's a good chance it'll work ok...

Other than that, no, I'm out of ideas. I've done some bespoke work in the past directly in the core of Jira, but that's quite ugly because you have to reapply it in every upgrade, and the APIs change. My trick was to simply surround the .vm that renders the time-tracking section with a #if statement - I think you can do that still, and you might be able to recompile the internal tab sections that show history and worklogs with some better form of if-user-matches stuff.

Anyhow, we can't find the plugin by searching it in the marketplace.

Thank you so much! We will try or wait :)

Suggest an answer