Is it possible edit multiple filters using JQL

SRBR SE June 8, 2015

Hello,

Suppose I have a user who has 150 filters. Some os these filters (I do not know how many) are using a custom field "Address", but we need to change the CF string to "Local Address".

I'm using this JQL:

update searchrequest set reqcontent = replace(reqcontent, 'Address', 'Local Address');

The customfield is updated, but only in my database. If i open some filter, the option Address is not update to Local Address.
I tried to stop and start the JIRA service, but is not working too.
Is there any alternative the update in real time?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

That is NOT JQL.  JQL is for searching for issues.  You are running SQL, which you should NEVER use on a JIRA database.  I'd strongly recommend undoing the damage you've done and restarting again.

fbeck_br June 8, 2015

Hi Nick, this SQL was suggested by Jaime Silveira (Atlassian). |https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15830722/how-to-edit-multiple-filters-to-change-a-jql-value

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

I'd still avoid it - you've already discovered that it's not working. I think it should work in theory, but I'd also say you absolutely have to have the system offline. There's only one minor thing I would change with SQL in a running JIRA (and I don't need to since 6.1)

fbeck_br June 8, 2015

ok, so do you have some idea how we can change (replace) multiples filters at once? Jira admin interface does not have this option. Is there some add on (free, of course)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2015

I'm afraid not any easy ones. At a glance, Jaime's SQL should have worked, if you do it on a shut-down JIRA, so that may be worth a look. (Sorry, my original answer should have included "an active jira database"). But as it's not done anything at all, that suggests that there is an issue with it. The other trick might be to try it with the script-runner addon. You could do the filter updates with that, but I'm less sure about finding them.

Suggest an answer