Is it a good idea to integrate product management and development tasks in one Jira project?

Aair Murta July 24, 2021

I am considering streamlining all product-related pipelines, from discovery to delivery, into one Jira Project. My idea is to use boards to have issues and tasks flowing forward and being separated and following the workflow of each teams. Is that a good idea, or am I trying to fit two processes that are too far apart into the same framework?

3 answers

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

It depends on the complexity of the work.

I think this might be effective if you are not managing multiple products and their development as the complexity would then come into picture and can create unforeseen impediments.

I am happy to hear from others .

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

I did this very thing many years back. It looked something like this….

workflow: request - definition - review - dev backlog - dev - in progress - done

Product board

Development board

you will note that dev backlog spanned both boards and only when an issue moved to dev did it disappear off the Product board.

I found this to be a pretty effective for my team at the time but it is a bit of a heavy process in many cases. It fits better with waterfall teams than agile.

0 votes
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

It depends on what you need but really this should not be an impediment since you can have more boars with different filters and display according to what you need.

Suggest an answer