Is is possible to have multiple notification schemes for a project?

Peter Panos August 29, 2016

I have a person who needs to have access to all the projects we have, but only needs to get notifications to a particular project. Ive see a solution of a creating a rule in outlook and having them all go their, but that would be a pain trying to find just notifications related to a single project. There should be a way that we can get this accomplished!

2 answers

1 vote
Nam Lam November 18, 2019

Hello All

What would you do if in a project, you want to notify different people depending on Components, IssueType?

For example: I have two issue type called Offboarding & Onboarding.  With each issuetype, we have different people to manage the tasks.  How would you notify them?

Amit Tikekar December 15, 2020

Use automation in Jira.

Rahul Ingle February 2, 2021

@Amit Tikekar  Can you please share the steps for automation rule configuration.

Amit Tikekar February 2, 2021

Hi @Rahul Ingle , 

With Jira cloud (not sure of on premise configuration as automation was an addin at the time), Under Project Settings > Automation  you can add a rule. Each rule is made up of trigger, condition and action types. Triggers could be issue created, field value changed, issue comments, transitioned etc. Condition could be a comparison e.g. issuetype = OffBoarding or a JQL filter that returns results etc.  Action is what you want to happen when the condition is met i.e. send email (notify), add watcher, insert comment, change fields, transition issue etc. Lookup the Jira automation page to see all you can do. Pretty simple really.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Amit

Like Rahul Ingle likes this
Rahul Ingle February 2, 2021

Hi @Amit Tikekar  Thanks.

I configured automation rule below format & rule run successfully.

automation rules.JPG

Like Amit Tikekar likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

No, a project has one notification scheme.

However, it sounds like a simple one to me here, either give that project a different scheme, or change the existing scheme so that it emails roles and don't include him in them

Peter Panos September 8, 2016

I am a new Admin and so i am having a hard time figuring out how to change an existing scheme so that it emails roles and not include someone. Is there a doc or can you list the steps, thank you and sorry i am so green, having to learn this on my own!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

You can't "not include someone".  If you need to not notify someone, then you need to remove them from the role (or group or whatever) that is generating their email.  If, for example, you have the scheme set to email "Reporter, Assignee, and role of developers", you need to ensure the user is not in that role, not assigned the issue and not the reporter.

Suggest an answer