It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is changing component's name effect component' history ? Edited

I have Project ( X project ) it contains history ( Fields, workflow, users, comments, Issue Types, ...... ) and i have custom Issue Type for example ( A_project ). 

What will be happened the history, if i change project's name ?  

What will be happened the history, if i change issue type's name  ?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @ahmed itman

When a project is created in Jira, by default along with project required schemes will be created like issue type, workflows, fields etc)

As time moves, you may change these schemes based on your specific requirements and add components to the project.

In your case, renaming project name will not impact any schemes configuration.

Renaming issue type will not impact any schemes configuration and the change will propagate to all existing issues of that type. Some filters explicitly mentioning that type would be broken, as well as gadgets fed by them. Anyway, broken filters could be fixed by typing the new issuetype name.

If you have additional use case, please drop a comment with same. 

Thanks, 

Avinash 

@Avinash B -Appfire-  thanks a million for your responding, 
conclusion: history will not be missed.

But if their are filters : filters will be broken, because it depending on the name, to fix it rename to the new one 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

948 views 8 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you