Is anyone able to attach google drive file to Jira issue?

ipetrovic11
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2018

I am trying to link my files on gdrive to issue in Jira and it is not working.

I can only see folders.

When I tried to add google drive account again it said that atlassian is untrusted.

And redirect url is taking me back to api.something.atlassian.com and that is not working as expected since I am not able to access it.

Was anyone able to connect gdrive to jira?

2 answers

1 vote
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi, Ivan.

So currently in order to link your Google Docs, you will need to use the issue links by putting the URL for your Google document. For more information, you can check here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+Issues#LinkingIssues-CreatingalinktoanywebpageURL

You may use the following plugin to link google drive to Jira issue

Sam Wilson March 22, 2019

So the answer is to pay someone else $2/mo and expose my sensitive documents to them because you can't fix a bug on your end?

Like # people like this
Morgan McGuinness
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2019

Hello! I'm having this same issue currently. Has there been any update since last year?

If not, it seems that attaching Google Drive files from a JIRA ticket should not be an available option to users if it's known to still be broken. Perhaps removing it would cause less confusion until it's fixed?

jalcantara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 15, 2019

Hi @Suren Raj , when will an actual fix be available? 

Thanks, 

0 votes
mshelton-smith June 3, 2019

Hi Ivan,

I'm a new user to JIRA this year and have also been experiencing the same problem as you.

I found these two open tickets:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69343 - this one is a suggestion raised last year to give access to Team Drives on Google not just My Drive but is still only under consideration and only has 6 votes.  Perhaps if more people voted for it, it will be implemented.  When the use of Google is becoming more and more widespread, it's disappointing that a market leader like Atlassian is being so slow to keep up.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69378 - this one is a bug that was raised last year around the fact that you can't upload Google Drive default file formats to JIRA.  This is at status Verified but has been marked as Low Priority.  It has been linked to the suggestion above but not sure why it would take a year to fix a bug. If you are affected by this, you can mark yourself as an affected customer.  Not sure if it will speed up the fix at all but it's worth a try.  

In the meantime, I have found a workaround which is to download the google file and re-upload it but this is a real hassle so I hope the bug is fixed soon and the suggestion is implemented!

Suggest an answer