Is Query issue custom field addon no longer available in marketplace?

Leena Bakshi November 16, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to locate one add on in market place which is called "Query Issue Custom Field" . I installed it in one of my dev 7.3.3 instance in sept 2017 but now when I am trying to install it in my other 7.3.3 instance I dont see it any longer.

I can pull the jar file from the other env and put it in the new 7.3.3 instance but if its not supported any more , then would you be able to suggest any other one in place of this? 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Popov January 12, 2018

Leena,

Not sure if you noticed but the developer has released an update, seems like it's up and available to update through the UPM and the Atlassian marketplace:

Query Issues Custom Fields

Hope that helps,

Andrey

Leena Bakshi January 12, 2018

Oh Yes I see now, Thanks a lot for posting it here.. I ll have the updated one in our env. 

0 votes
Andrey Popov December 4, 2017

+1 on this, I contacted the developer (Andrey Markelov), so far nothing but he's probably just busy with work. The way I see it is download the jar from the old instance and manually upload to a dev instance (or local env). Do a full instance backup (VM snapshot, database backup, XML backup) before you upload the jar. If it works - great! if not, might have to actually work on fixing the source code. I found a version from 2014 here:

Query Issue Custom Fields source code (github repo)

your other option is to go with a paid and supported add-on (there are a couple of them on the marketplace).

Good luck

Leena Bakshi December 5, 2017

Surprising thing is that I did use it in Sept 2017 however I dont remember if I got it from Marketplace or from my old instance. 

I pulled th ejar file from my current production 6.4.12 env and put it in my test 7.3.3 instance and so far it didnt break anything.. ( I am sooo glad for that)

I guess I ll be doing the same for our final cutover for jira production upgrade this weekend.. my only concern is that if its no longer supported I need to look into other plugins so that users can wean from this plugin easily.

Thanks for your help though

Andrey Popov December 6, 2017

That's good to know that the old jar still works for 7.3.3! 

If you have scriptrunner for JIRA there's another solution that involves a fairly basic behaviors script (which can be copied almost verbatim from the scriptrunner's documentation page) and a basic single line text field, which acts as the selector.

Works almost just as well.

Suggest an answer