Is Jira compatible with Edge web browser?

Adrian Lew July 23, 2020

I wanted to know what compatibility issues there are regarding Jira running on the MS Edge browser.    

My company is currently still using Internet Explorer mainly due to legacy applications we are running and would like to transition to a newer web browser.

Thank you

Adrian

2 answers

2 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2020

Hello @Adrian Lew , I don't personally use Edge for Jira, but one of my team mates has been using Jira on Edge for almost 3years now and he never had any issue. You can check the browser compatibility here

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Some versions are "officially" supported, but a much wider range works fine. 

I regularly use Jira and other Atlassian stuff on unsupported browsers and it's fine, but, that said, I tend to stay well away from the non-standard and awfulness of IE based browsers. That might change when MS finally admit that they can't compete with real browsers and move Edge over to a Chrome base in a few months.

Head over to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html which might be the right answer, but then select your current version at the top right to see if Edge is right for it.

Suggest an answer