• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Invite guests to separate Board or Project

Hi! 

I have been browsing a lot of different posts but they all seem to have outdated answers that no longer apply, anyways if I missed something I apologize :) 

So; we want to collaborate with one of our customers using Jira, our wish is that we can invite people from outside our own organization that can only access and edit a separate board or project, the stories in this board or project should then mirror to our normal project board. 

I have figured out how to do the second part of the question (Mirroring of stories) but the question now remain on how I can limit users to only see a single board or project, nothing else as they are outside the organization.

Best, 

Aron

3 answers

Hi Aron,

first you'll have to make sure the people outside your organization will be able to access the site.
Administration > Site Settings > Site access > Approved domains

Permission Schemes often make use of Application access (Any logged in user) which would make a lot more visible for your newly added customers than intended.

Also be aware of Product Access which could add default groups to newly created projects in the future.

0 votes
Veera Atlassian Team Jan 30, 2020

Hi @aron_holmquist_travsport_se 

For your requirement it's best to apply the restrictions at the project level.

Below doc explains how you can do it using groups or project roles. Take a look andk let me know if you have any questions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-restrict-project-access-for-teams-in-jira-cloud-953142266.html

Thanks for the answers! I'll get some help from our internal Jira-guy so I dont mess anything up for the other teams :) 

Veera Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2020

That's a good idea, @aron_holmquist_travsport_se 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you