Invite Users From Outside Of Our Organization

Justin Harris January 25, 2019

We're hoping to invite a user with a different @domain.com than our organization was setup with. Is there a way to edit the settings so we can invite users outside of our domain? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

Hello Justin,

As an Admin, you can manually invite any users even if they are not added in the same domain configured to your organization, although you will not be able to manage their accounts if they are not part of your domain.

You should be able to perform it right away by manually inviting them on User Management > Invite Users.

For more information about it, please check the documentation below:

Invite, Edit and remove users

Let me know if it works for you.

Richard Herman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves 

I have the same situation where there are 3-4 users who are part of a different domain.  Good to know you can add them.

But have a question on the statement you made " although you will not be able to manage their accounts if they are not part of your domain." 

What aspects of these users cannot be managed with JIRA?  We would like to give visibility to these users only to specific project.  Can this be managed?

Like # people like this
Muthir Kharusi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2021

Also keen to know the answer to your question as I will have a similar requirement where I would like to add external resources but limit their access to specific projects only

Like # people like this
susanna.kuusisto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 21, 2021

I've similar situation. Is there any way to add users outside our organization with different domain AND limit their access to only specific projects?

Like Shivam Desai likes this

Suggest an answer