Internal directory with LDAP authentication

Sean Vucich July 25, 2013

I want to impliment a second LDAP authentication directory to another domain and to avoid the issues of users with the same name would like to use a domain suffix for the users login.

Currently I have users across both LDAP directories with the same samaccountname which means the LDAP auth directory with the higest priority wins.

Is this possible - or should I be looking at another route? If so, which path should I follow.

2 answers

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

Hi Sean, changing the LDAP attribute used for usernames in JIRA seems the best path to follow. Some companies decide to use the mail attribute, instead of sAMAccountName.

There only two things you should pay attention when changing the attribute, it should always return an unique value (two LDAP objects retuning the same username would break the synchronization) and it can't return a null value.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

0 votes
Sean Vucich July 25, 2013

We currently use the sAMAccountName attribute. I wonder if I look at using the users UPN which would then avoid this issue. Is anyone using this attribute?

Suggest an answer