Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Internal Comments for Jira Software ?

Hello,

Sharing a Jira Software project with a customer and working on User Stories, I would like to be able to restrict certains comments that they are visible only to the development team, and not to the client.

The feature that seems to suit my use case is available on Service Desk, but perhaps there is a workaround for Jira Software ?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

You can restrict comment visibility in the old issue view:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-restricted-comments-on-jira-962353957.html

Hi, there

Just to make sure I got it right: you can set the view in the old version of Jira, not in the new one. Is that right? 

Thanks for all your answers, does it means that basically each users group can see its own sets of comments ? Is my understanding correct ?

Having enabled "Check under JIRA Settings > System > General Configuration for "Comment visibility" make sure it's set to "Groups & Project Roles" and not "Project Roles only", however the functionality seems not to be here:

Untitled.jpeg

Your understanding is correct.

You should switch to the old issue view:

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 13.33.53.png

Does anyone know if this is something that can be created in a Next-Gen project? 

Or if it is a feature that will be come soon?

0 votes
Tom Lister Community Leader Aug 16, 2019

Hi @Vianney Lejeune 

In software projects you have the option to restrict comments to project roles. You would need to talk to your administrator about roles memberships. 

e.g.

image.png

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom- how would I enable this for cloud software projects?

Tom Lister Community Leader Oct 26, 2022

HI @Tenzing Doleck 

You should see a lock icon at the bottom right

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 19.59.54.png

Tom Lister Community Leader Oct 26, 2022

if you want to set visibility to groups as well, you will need to set that on on the General Configuration settings

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 20.10.49.png

@Tom Lister 

Hi two questions

- Can I limit this for specific software projects or do these settings cascade to all projects in my company instance?

-Is there an option to make comments default to a particular goup?

Thank you !

Tom Lister Community Leader Nov 08, 2022

Hi

When you limit to a project role it is only for the users in that role in the issues project. We added a roles to projects for users to use in this way but the downside was that we had to maintain permissions for those roles.

I don't know of any way to default to a particular group.

Suggest an answer