Internal Comments - Customer Service Visibility

Gareth Tait October 12, 2018

Hi

I am having a strange issue right now where on a particular ticket (Project) the external customer can see an internal comment from a staff member. I looked at this projects particular permissions and can see the permissions have been set to Service desk customer - portal access which from what I have read should restrict the viewing of internal comments. I am scratching my head at this wondering how they can view the internal comment. Any help appreciated.

THanks,

Gareth

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Hi Gareth,

so the user has seen the comment in the Customer Portal? Was the visibilty changed from public to internal?

Hi Bastian

I hadn't thought of that. Looking at the history of the ticket' I don't see anything which would tell me this, whereby it could have potentially been posted as public and then changed to internal. Where can I view this information? 

Regards,

Gareth

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

I could just check on cloud, but it seems that it does neither show the comment as edited when you change from public to internal nor does it show up in the history/activty, so I think, there is currently no way to see that.

I am assuming that information is potentially logged somewhere else? Perhaps the Atlassian log file on the server?

Gareth Tait October 19, 2018

Hi

I believe the issue was related to the comment being public and then updated. This hasn't happened since the first and only time it happened.

Regards,

Gareth

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hello,

Open this user in the User Management and make sure that this user does not have a Service Desk license.

Hi Alexey. 

I should have mentioned the user does not have a service desk license.

Thanks,

Gareth

Like Vasily likes this

Suggest an answer