Integretion problem jira +Confluence

xattab April 12, 2017

Hi. After update jira and confluence my intagration don't work.

Version jira 7

Version Confluence 6.1

I try setup new integration throw app link. But when i try  connect to jira from confluence i have this error "We can't enable the incoming authentication because jira is not reachable."

Jira and Confluence install in one server work throw apache2.2 (ajp conector) over ssl. SSL certificates are self-signed. I thought  my trouble was in self-signed certificate. But i test certificate  like in https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html

throw SSLPoke and had Successfully connected.
What i do wrong ?
Help!

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

This is a common problem.  We see this a lot, and they can be challenging to fix.  The issue is almost certainly with your SSL configuration.  Check the tomcat logs when you try to create the application links and see if they throw any useful errors.  I would also check the process for JIRA and Confluence to make sure they are using the version of JAVA that you think they are. It sounds like you already imported your self-signed certs in to the Java keystore, so make sure that the Java you're using has the cert in its keystore. Worst case, create a separate unproxied connector and use that to handle the application links.

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2017

I only have had consistent success with certs from trusted CAs.

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

That is the best option, for sure.  If your CA has an intermediate certificate, it's important to include that in the configuration, as well.  There are ways to make Java trust an internal CA, as well, but normal trusted certs definitely cause fewer headaches. :)

Suggest an answer