Integretion problem jira +Confluence

Hi. After update jira and confluence my intagration don't work.

Version jira 7

Version Confluence 6.1

I try setup new integration throw app link. But when i try  connect to jira from confluence i have this error "We can't enable the incoming authentication because jira is not reachable."

Jira and Confluence install in one server work throw apache2.2 (ajp conector) over ssl. SSL certificates are self-signed. I thought  my trouble was in self-signed certificate. But i test certificate  like in https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html

throw SSLPoke and had Successfully connected.
What i do wrong ?
Help!

1 answer

This is a common problem.  We see this a lot, and they can be challenging to fix.  The issue is almost certainly with your SSL configuration.  Check the tomcat logs when you try to create the application links and see if they throw any useful errors.  I would also check the process for JIRA and Confluence to make sure they are using the version of JAVA that you think they are. It sounds like you already imported your self-signed certs in to the Java keystore, so make sure that the Java you're using has the cert in its keystore. Worst case, create a separate unproxied connector and use that to handle the application links.

Josh Steckler Community Champion Apr 12, 2017

I only have had consistent success with certs from trusted CAs.

That is the best option, for sure.  If your CA has an intermediate certificate, it's important to include that in the configuration, as well.  There are ways to make Java trust an internal CA, as well, but normal trusted certs definitely cause fewer headaches. :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

121 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you