Integration betwen CROWD and OKTA

Guillaume
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2018

Hello Atlassian community !

Some context before my question :

I have currently in my company several applications in production (Jira Confluence Github, Artifactory, Cloudbees, Sonarqube Jenkins ... ) configured to use Okta with classic SAML configuration;

All works fine, I use for Jira & Confluence the .JAR provided by OKTA, no problem so far.

The thing is that all my applications use a local base to store users and groups, there is no centralized IAM solutions. So basically the user authenticates through OKTA, and if he has been provisioned in the applications, he can log in.

This is where Crowd comes in !

We have the idea to add Crowd to our platform to centralize user management.

On the other hand, the security team requires us to keep OKTA as SSO solution

They would like to put the OKTA configuration on the Crowd server, who will do the SAML negociation on behalf of the application. This way the application should only contact the Crowd server.

Is that demand makes any sens ? :-)

If so, is this possible?

If so, how can I configure Crowd to do so ?

Thanks by advance !

2 answers

0 votes
DamnSon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

For whom it may concern, I'd like to clarify that the SAML add-on (https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/saml-single-sign-on-for-atlassian-data-center-applications-857050705.html) is not supported in Crowd Data Center. You can use the add-on in the following products:

• Jira Software Data Center
  • Jira Service Desk Data Center
  • Bitbucket Data Center
  • Confluence Data Center
0 votes
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi Guillaume, 

This is readily available for Crowd Data Center

However, if you are insisting on using Crowd Server. This is possible by using Confluence third-party app.

I will suggest that you do a test in a test environment and see if this plugin works for you. As this might not be what you are looking for.

Suggest an answer