Integration between one jira instance and multiple Testrail instances

Ksenia Arkhipova August 14, 2020

Hello!

We are using Jira as bug and task tracking system. And we're using Testrail as test management system. We have connection between our Jira an Testrail. But now we need to connect our Jira to one more Testrail (we have two departments that using same Jira but different Testrail instances).

Is it possible to connect one Jira to different Testrail? Maybe it can be realized by project to project intergation? From TestRail side we can connect to multiple Jira, can it be done from Jira side?

Thank you forward.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris DeMattio November 29, 2022

@Ksenia Arkhipova : it appears that the TestRail Jira Add-on now supports connections between a single instance of Jira and multiple instances of TestRail.  The connections must be made on a per-Jira-project basis.

While it appears to be possible in theory, I have been unable to get it to work correctly.  I have a support case opened with TestRail.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2020

Hi @Ksenia Arkhipova 

It might be possible via Application Links.

But I'd advise contacting the vendor directly to seek their advice - they'll likely have the most experience in this!

You can see options to contact the vendor on their Marketplace support page.

Ste

Suggest an answer