Integration between Jira and Aha fails with an Authentication: 401 message

Nick Cooper November 6, 2018

Hello,

Our company has been using Aha! and Jira together successfully for about a year (Product Management focusing on roadmaps of Epics, Development focusing on the Stories defined within the Epics.) However, recently the integration between the two has become intermittent and buggy.

Integration is achieved using a module from Aha! which connects via a webhook to Jira, so Aha! becomes the key point where items are managed for synchronisation. The main problem I've been getting within this module is a message "Authentication Failed : 401".

This problem happens intermittently. Some days my attempts to send things from Aha! to Jira, or receive things from Jira back in Aha! are successful. Some days a few exchanges will fail, but then succeed one a second or third attempt. Some days, nothing will go through.

What's odd is that the integration module knows that there are things in Jira that need to be brought across, so the two packages are communicating with each other. The failure happens when I try to select an identified item and bring it across.

Would welcome any thoughts on this, or feedback from others who are managing the integration between these two products.

Cheers

Nick Cooper 

0 answers

Suggest an answer