Integration JIRA Service Desk on Cloud with JIRA Software on local server.

Aspasia Kountria
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2018

Hi all,

We have JIRA Service Desk already to communicate with our customers and we have already working JIRA Software on local server with our developers.

We investigating the possibility of to join our JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software to one environment. Can this be done without losing data? What are the best practices for this integration? What is best to be transferred JIRA Software -> JIRA SD or vice versa?

Where can I find help and inform about this concept?

Thank you in advance.

Costas Tritsaris

2 answers

0 votes
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2018

Hi @Aspasia Kountria

Jira works like an only one application, the best way to integrate Jira Software and Jira Service Desk is install both applications on same instance (Cloud or Server, depends on your requirements)

Maybe you can install any app to integrate it, but I think to putting them together is better.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk/jira-integration

Cheers,

Leo

Costas Tritsaris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2018

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your reply.

As both entities have data that we do not what to loose, who can help us make this integration from atlassian? What are the steps we have to follow in order to do something like this? What is easier to transfer ServiceDesk to Jira software or vice versa?

Do we have additional cost?

We need more information about this concept.

Thank you.

Costas

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

Hello @Costas Tritsaris

If you need services around Atlassian products (Ex: Move data between different instances) I advise you to contact a Solution Partner near to you.

https://www.atlassian.com/partners/search?page=1

Cheers,

Leo

Suggest an answer