Can you please suggest to integrate the Postman tool in Jia is possible or not?
If possible then provide the steps and configuration informations.
Thanks and Regards,
"Postman" usually refers to a program that is used to investigate or manually talk to a REST API in a gui (rather than in a command line or background program)
There is not really any "integration" to do between Postman and Jira. Jira has a REST API, Postman is a tool for using REST APIs. Fire up Postman, connect to Jira with the credentials for a Jira user, then do whatever you want with the REST API
Could you explain what you think "integration" between them is?
1) Nic, I think Srinivasan is looking for using Postman Tool and Provide End Results of REST API within Jira such that all Agile Team Groups are aligned.
Am looking to carry out similar activity between (BA Teams - which I am part of) to the (Development Teams) wherein these Results can be published Online rather than as Screenshots taken by each Team Member and posting within Jira.
2) Am also looking to use a Freeware Tool like Trello etc to showcase each Project Status from Jira into Trello Directly, ( if any one has done same can they kindly help me to effect same).
3) Am also looking to Simulate Test Conditions whereby the Projectwise Test Cases can be shared between BA and Development Teams ( on an Ongoing basis from Jira Directly connected to Trello, Freeware Testing Tool etc)
Ok, but that's not an "integration". Just use Postman to connect to REST and ask the questions you want answered.
For the publishing question, I'd actually recommend that you stop using Postman. Find or write something that can run the REST calls to get the data you need from Jira and publish it automatically.
For Trello integration, take a look at the apps available to help Jira talk to Trello
and the power ups for Trello as well.
Thanks Nic for your inputs above. Hope I can implement based on same.
Am a Newbie at JIRA hence which of these Tools would be most useful in the Jira Talk to Trello and Backwards Status required.
As most of my BA Teams interfaces are with People in the Market and I need to take their Inputs ( from Trello Boards) and make the Requirements Freeze a Process ( which uses Jira as a Development to Requirements BA Team).
I would use one of the apps from the marketplace to enable Jira to read from Trello. I am more of a Jira person than Trello, so that's the way I lean, but I am sure that you could do it in the other direction - have a Trello power up that writes into Jira.
These apps you have shared from marketplace to enable Jira to read from Trello would they be chargeable or available freeware only.
As my current organization has just started using Jira was wondering whether I can implement following sequence :
1) Implement Trello for capturing Market Information between Operations and Business People in the Market Place.
2) Once this leads to Requirements Freeze between Operations / Business and BA Team ( which in this case is myself). Would need to decide on way to get Trello Boards and Cards to Requirements Documentation and USe Case Scenarios and Test Cases mapped ( wherein I would look for help from Altassian Community Leaders like yourself)
3) Then we could use some of these Cards ( based on Review of all stakeholders in Operations / Business etc) to move these Cards as Projects and later as Issues from Trello to Jira. ( this is where i might find difficulty hence need to be sure no cards are dropped in between stools between Trello and Jira)
4) As next step we could move the Jira Projects into Epics and Bugs and Track to Closure accordingly.
Yes, you can do this. I work with several organisations that use Trello and Jira together (usually Trello for really simple requirement gathering feeding into Jira so that a proper set of detailed tasks can be created and tracked).
I would use the apps from the marketplace to enable the two systems to update each other when things change.
Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud: Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events