Integrate Software Development Team with the QA Team

Camila Pardo Garcia Morelli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2018

Hello!

I am starting to use Jira Software to integrate my software development team with the QA team. And I am having some difficulties to configure the workflow. I don't now what practice would be better :

• Create one workflow or two differents workflows for each one.  
  • Create one project or two different projects for each one.

Another question is : If I create two projects how I make the link each one

For example.: the software development team comes to the end of their workflow and the process needs to continue on test phase workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

From my point of view, I would recommend one project given that the overall workflow of an issue may include both teams (as you mentioned).

You could use separate boards for each team. E.g. on board is only showing the first part of the workflow and the other board only the second part of the workflow.

Also think about using different issue types when you need e.g. "development team only" or "QA team only" issues and "mixed" issues. You can configure different workflows for each issue type.

Camila Pardo Garcia Morelli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2018

Hello Andreas!  

Thanks I will try !

Suggest an answer