Integrate Jira with Azure Sentinel. API connection successful but only some projects show up

Carmen Kyi Oo May 18, 2021

Hi,

I'm doing an automation piece whereby Jira issue is created when alert triggers in Azure Sentinel via Logic Apps.  I've managed to connect successfully via API, however seemingly only half of the projects in the org are pulled. My org admin has added sufficient permissions for me, clone a new project from a project that is being pulled from the API, but problem persists. 

Other observation is that the API is seemingly only pulling older projects. jiraissue.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Has your admin given you "create issue" in every project?

I suspect the Logic Apps is only going to list projects that it can create issues in (pointless configuring it with one you can't create issues in - a series of "you have no permission to do this" lines in your logs aren't a lot of use!)

My other thought was that may be that Logic Apps is only aware of company-managed(classic) projects, or possibly only Service-Management projects.

To check all of this, find a project that is missing from the list and look at it in Jira, checking:

• Project type - Software, Service Management or Business
  • Project management type: team-managed or company-managed (it'll always say team-managed at the bottom of the left-hand panel if it's that, but it may not say anything if it's company-managed)
  • Click create - can you create an issue in there?  (Using the account you are using for the integration)
Carmen Kyi Oo May 31, 2021

Found out why - the list of projects has been paginated, hence it only returns top 50 projects, ie the older ones. Thanks for looking into this!

Suggest an answer