Intake Process

Mark Drummond October 26, 2020

For my area of responsibility I have a Google Form that co-workers fill out with requests for resources / time / attention from my team. Google Form results end up in a Google Sheet and we manually turn those entries into objects in our Jira projects / boards.

I'd like to replace the Google Form / Google Sheet / manual ticket creation process with something that creates tickets directly in an work intake board. The UX needs to remain simple and customizable, basically replicating the simple set of intake questions in the Google Form.

Can I do this in Jira and / or Confluence? Any suggestions?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

Mark,

With the help of Zapier you will be able to integrate google forms and Jira to create issue in JIRA. Please find more details on below link.

https://zapier.com/app-directory/google-forms/integrations/jira

You might also consider looking at Jira Service Desk.  This would allow you to create a support portal where your co-workers would be able to track the status of their requests after they submit them.

Mark Drummond October 26, 2020

Thanks Brant. I'll have a look at Zapier.

We are migrating to Service Desk over the next few months so that will be helpful.

1 vote
Perry November 13, 2020

Does it have to be a google form? 

I would use a template in confluence. This way you can have meaningful context, maybe some back and forth edits and then link directly to the issue(s) inside of jira. 

1 vote
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi Mark, my team wrote a blog post a few years ago giving a step by step guide on how to connect a Google Form to Jira using Zapier (link).  

We have also created ProForma to make building forms in Jira and Jira Service Desk as simple as Google Forms. You can try it today on our demo site (no login required) and there is also a free version ProForma Lite.

If you need any help with Zapier, Google Forms let me know, I would be happy to help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events