Installing PostgreSQL not working on 2008 R2

Abrham Smith October 5, 2011

Anyone have problems installing PostgreSQL on their 2008 Server? Installs fine, no errors in the install log however I am unable to start the service at all. Here are the screenshots from the known problem areas.

The windows Firewall is off and my permissions are wide open. I am running the start service as an administrator.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abrham Smith October 17, 2011

I ended up using Oracle instead of PostgreSQL, I am guessing it was probably the VM Environment that was preventing me from getting this to work.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

Is this an Atlassian problem ?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

ah, ah: don't get upset. You may not get here the answer you want. There are dedicated postgresql forums that may help you even better than this one. My 2 cents.

Abrham Smith October 10, 2011

The only way I can see it is an Atlassian problem is that they support this database configuration. I haven't even started installing JIRA because I can't get the database to install and connect.

0 votes
Abrham Smith October 17, 2011

I ended up using Oracle instead of PostgreSQL, I am guessing it was probably the VM Environment that was preventing me from getting this to work.

0 votes
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2011

No problem with postgres 8.4 install on 2008 R2. Sorry, can't help with your problem. Not a VM.

Abrham Smith October 10, 2011

Is yours in a VM?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events