Installation on standalone network

Some pages are extremely slow loading, like the RapidBoard of GreenHopper, when installed on a standalone network that is unable to access atlassian.com. jira.atlassian.com access is attempted while trying to load the page, and this must time out before the page will load. Using Firefox 10.

The question is whether built-in pages can be made so they don't try to go to Atlassian.com, or other external networks? That way, users don't have to wait for a timeout, since they will never get to those sites.

NOTE: Didn't realize first post succeeded. Sorry. This is the title on same topic.

Installation on isolated network problems

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Here is a workaround to avoid the slow loading:

* Setup a webserver under a virtual host for 'jira.atlassian.com'.

* Redirect all requests to this domain to a single PHP file. This PHP File should only send the status code header 500 and die.

* Edit the /etc/hosts file on your JIRA server and add 'jira.atlassian.com' with the IP address of the webserver

Now your JIRA should get a fast but very negative response and doesn't have to wait for a timeout.

(Not tested by myself)

I'm not sure what the question is here. Sounds like your "standalone network" has some issues, but there's no detail to work with.

SInce you are on an isolated network, you can remove the gadgets on the dashboard that attempt to access the outside world. Also since you are on a private/isolated network you should be able to change your private/isolated DNS(maybe it is just your hosts file) and map the those domains to a localhost page to avoid the timeout as well.

Also check your greenhopper options that did not enable items that would attempt to access the outside world.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

262 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you