Insert table in JIRA

Kara Pastour January 9, 2019

Is it possible to insert and edit tables in JIRA in the same way it can be done in Confluence? If so, how???

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Hey @Kara Pastour,

If the basic Jira table is not enough, you could also just use the Table Grid app for Jira.

It offers rich table functionality. Plus, it allows you to view and edit tabular data, stored on local or external databases.

It also looks pretty sleek:

Jira Server grid different column types.png

Anyway, we are the developers of the app. So do let me know should you have any questions at all!

Cheers,
Stefaan

Kara Pastour January 10, 2019

Thank you so much Stefaan - appreciate your reply! We were needing to add a fairly complex data table to one of our JIRA tickets and I was confused as to why adding a table in JIRA was so different from adding a table (WYSIWYG format) in Confluence. I'll check out the table grid editor add-on. :)

Thank you!

Kara

Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

@Kara Pastour glad I might have been able to help out!

Again, if you have any questions, shoot.

FYI, you can also reach support directly at support.tge@idalko.com. Or just start a conversation in the live chat tool, whatever you prefer :).

Like Kara Pastour likes this
1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

Yes, you can enter tables into Jira. If the field is of the Rich Text type then you should have table options in the bar. See the below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Benjamin Peikes May 26, 2022

This is not the way to do it anymore. There is now a "table" button, and you can't use mark up. Additionally, the new formatting is terrible such that you can barely see any of the data in your tables.

Like Dave Richard likes this
Dave Richard March 16, 2023

The fact that you can no longer use markup is just plain awful.

0 votes
Bob Herrmann June 2, 2021

how can I insert a table with 100 by 15 rows w/o typing it in?

Michael KCG September 21, 2021

I tried to insert a MySQL data from DataGrip as a table in comment section, but that not works.

So I pasted this data to LibreOffice Calc and copied from there to a comment section and it was successfully inserted as a table

Like Bob Herrmann likes this
Bob Herrmann September 21, 2021

THX

Suggest an answer