Inline edit for Jira filter

Jay Yang September 4, 2018

Is it possible to inline edit from the issues filter screen? e.g. i want to mass add due dates for the issues

test_Redacted.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Jay,

May I ask which field would you like to edit? Please note that you can edit field from multiple issues by bulk change. Menu > All Issues.

Feel free to have a read of this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-902498099.html

Cheers,

Syauqi

Jay Yang September 5, 2018

Thanks Syauqi, I think i dont have the necessary permission so i cannot bulk change

Christian Rüdisüli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2019

@Syauqi I don't think @Jay Yang's question was answered.

I also would like to "inline edit in Jira filters". Meaning if a filter shows certain Jira issues, I then would like to edit one or many fields for one or many issues from this view.

Taking Jay Yangs example to edit the due date field (check his uploaded picture). For HGS-80 I would like to edit the due date to 20. Feb 2019 and for HGS-84 is will be the 27. Feb 2019 and so on.

Does Jira support the inline edit function?

Please contact me if you need more specific information. Thanks

10 votes
Avi Ziv November 8, 2018

Hi

It seem that the answer is not what was asked.

I'm also facing with a requirement to over on several issues (in a filter) and i would like to change the fields with inline edit , not with same change for all but option to go over and change directly from the filter without go inside the issue.

Thanks

Avi

0 votes
Syed Fazeem September 26, 2022

Hi

It seem that the answer is not what was asked.

I'm also facing with a requirement to over on several issues (in a filter) and i would like to change the fields with inline edit , not with same change for all but option to go over and change directly from the filter without go inside the issue.

Suggest an answer