Information about atlassian products

fferraro87 September 20, 2017

Hi,

before purchasing and installing atlassian products i want to know some information :

- I need overall a document collaboration platform (so i've thought to buy confluence) but i need also to create inside page or article some workflows for my team ( and i think that's supported by Jira).

So i've to buy both of these or only confluence?

Another question is :

i've installed Jira software trial and i want Italian language (but when i switch to Italian language i've always english.
There is italian translation working for Jira?

Thanks to all of you

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

You definitely want Confluence.

For workflows, you have a couple of options.  Jira is a powerful issue tracker with a lot of features, and has fields and workflows as its core function.  However, it is over-kill for a lot of cases, especially if your output is purely going to be confluence things.  I'd consider a look at Trello (very simple boards with a workflow behind them) and, especially if you are *only* working with Confluence output, I'd look at Comalatech's workflows for Confluence - that would enable your users to remain within one tool.

Yes, Jira has Italian translations, there's a language pack for it you should be able to select in your profile (or globally to make it the default).  See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TRANS/Atlassian+Translations

fferraro87 September 20, 2017

thanks for your explanation!

Suggest an answer