Indexing failed after changing the mapping of the behaviour-plugin

Julien Dumas September 28, 2014

Some custom fields were deleted in JIRA but there were still in the behaviour-plugin. At the beginning, the behaviour was mapped to all issue types. If the behaviour mapping is changed, the indexing fails and the logs indicate that the deleted fields cannot be found. This is the error log i get:

[onresolve.jira.groovy.Behaviour] Could not find field with key: customfield_10002

As a troubleshoot, I tried to delete the fields in the behaviour plugin as well but it did not help. The JIRA version is v6.1.4#6159-sha1:44eaede. The behaviour plugin version is 0.5.10. The script runner version is 2.1.16.

7 answers

0 votes
Julien Dumas September 29, 2014

Actually, I found out that 2 other behaviours contained the deleted fields. I delete the fields in the behaviors, and reindex but I got another error message in the logs: [atlassian.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getValidators() on null object

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2014

Also check if you are using any "Hideable" custom field types, I don't think anything else could cause this problem.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2014

Could you create an issue at https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JBHV including the full stack trace please?

0 votes
Julien Dumas September 29, 2014

I turned the behaviour plugin down, then I reindexed and it worked. After this, I turned on the behaviour plugin, deleted the fields which have been deleted in the behaviour and after this, the inexing is still failing.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2014

But after indexing turn it on again, and then delete the fields from the behaviours that have been deleted...

0 votes
Julien Dumas September 28, 2014

Hello Jamie, thanks for your quick answer. I disabled the behaviour plugin under "Add-ons", Manage add-ons". And then the indexing works but it's not an option for me since I'm using other behaviours. If I unmap the behaviour which is causing problems the indexing fails as well.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2014

Try disabling the plugin then reindexing. I think this can only happen with hidden field types

Suggest an answer