Increase limit of the character in JQL

kA August 6, 2014

Hi Friends,

I entered the lengthy text in JQL but after the certain limit i could not able to add the character in that, so can you please suggest how can i increase the lengh of that in On Demand JIRA.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

You can't do this on Server Jira without making code changes, so there's no way you can do it on Cloud/OnDemand

I'd question the need for over-long queries though - the requirement implies you are building very long queries which is likely to be inefficient and suggests your process is lacking some information for grouping issues together.. Why are you trying to run vastly complex queries?

kA August 6, 2014

Hi Nic,

I have the project which has more than 200 components but in that i'm the component lead for only 100 components and few user create the task and work on it, and they also works on other component too. so i want to retrieve those component related task alone in JQL. so include those components in JQL,That is why the query text was exit the range.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

200 components implies your project is too complex and should be split up.

I'm not sure why you are listing them all though, when you could just say "... component in componentsLeadByUser()..." as part of your query.

(For other component leads, you can say component in componentsLeadByUser("Bob") )

Suggest an answer