Incomming mail synch constantly..... how to stop it ?

jrii September 2, 2019

Hi,

Have configured incoming mail server and handler to certain project. I tried to ensure functionality firstly using my own account  .. (mistake) and once I thought that it's ok then I changed configuration not to include my account anymore. 

Problem is that still JIRA is populating my mails to this project inbox. I even deleted mail configuration, but still mails are synchronized to project backlog. 

Really need help how to stop this  ... as soon as possible, thx in advanced.

-Jouni 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2019

Hi @jrii 

You said you changed the configuration to not include your account. Could you delete the mail handler and related configs and start fresh?

jrii September 2, 2019

Hi,

Changed mail handler not to use local files and change project scope to one of my playground ones so wondering this this original project still gets my mails.

I can delete mail handler, no problems with that. Would like to learn how this mail synching is even possible...

-Jouni

jrii September 3, 2019

Seems that deleting mail handler solved problem ... or it just took time for changes to imapct, thx @Fazila Ashraf from your suppot.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

Hi @jrii 

Glad that it is resolved for you. I do not know what specific config might have caused this, general easy way seemed to delete and start fresh. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events