In which table of jira database, we can find the jira issue ids of jira

Dhananjay Mukhedkar January 20, 2015

In which table of jira database, we can find the jira issue ids of jira

3 answers

3 votes
amit raj February 13, 2015

here is the link - https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/latest-updates/developer-changes-for-older-jira-versions/preparing-for-jira-6-1#PreparingforJIRA6.1-editprojectkeydb 

The Issue object (jiraissue table in the database) has now a new property called number (issuenum column in the database). The number property contains the numerical part of the issue key and the issue key is now represented by the number and project properties, rather than the key property (pkey column).

so to get the pkey-num combination e.g if issue is TEST-123 please run this query-

select p.pkey||'-'||j.issuenum from project p,jiraissue j where p.id=j.project and j.issuenum=123 and p.pkey='TEST';

raju April 9, 2019

I know Jira Stores the Test Issue information in jiraissue table . But where does the Jira stores the "New Folder" Information that is created under a Test Cycle 

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Should be JIRAISSUE

Dhananjay Mukhedkar January 21, 2015

I have checked it . I have the results with me. They are saved in the different id column of database in the JIRA issue table. However , I wanted to know how will I get to know where the the JIRA issue ids  are getting saved in database, which we can retrieve it from front end. Can I not get it from the database. for e.g TEST-300 is the JIRA issue id and I need to find it out from the database. From where will I get it.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

TEST-300 is set together from PKEY and ID (separated by "-")

Like Raul MrAddon likes this
Dhananjay Mukhedkar January 21, 2015

However pkey is null in jira issue table.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2015

Ah yes, this is due that you can change the project key now. So you would need to get the pkey from table project. See also the DB schema documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2015

There's a note about this in the Preparing for JIRA 6.1 page I believe

0 votes
Dhananjay Mukhedkar December 9, 2015

Thanks Amit. It is a good answer.

Suggest an answer