In the company I work for, we want to implement change management and I have questions!

Ian Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2024

I saw that Change Management processes may be implemented, and we are looking at having maybe three levels of urgency.
I saw there is the ability to have a group of approvers for a change, but in our situation, it would work better if we could have a couple of different groups where any one person in each group may approve a change. Is that possible?
Is it possible to automatically vary the flow depending on the urgency? (I am not sure we want this, but currently that is being argued for)?
Is the flow easy to report on showing the change requests in the system, and the urgency, ...?
Many thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2024

Hi @Ian Smith and welcome to the community,

I saw there is the ability to have a group of approvers for a change, but in our situation, it would work better if we could have a couple of different groups where any one person in each group may approve a change. Is that possible?

Yes it is possible see here. E.g. you can use the default template and change the Change workflow the way you want. For the approval step you can 'include approval step' (see background of the picture below).

image.png

Then you can select the number of people who need to approve in total/for each group (or everyone) and you can provide the field in which the groups are selected.

In the Jira issue you can add the groups manually or via an automation rule.

> Is it possible to automatically vary the flow depending on the urgency? (I am not sure we want this, but currently that is being argued for)?

Yes with workflow conditions you can determine the flow of an issue.

Is the flow easy to report on showing the change requests in the system, and the urgency, ...?

I don't exactly understand the question, but you can see the change requests in a queue, via a filter on a dashboard, etc. 

Suggest an answer