In jira-python, what should be the tuple of crt and key when do SSL link

hi tried a fair long time on how to link in SSL,

in the doc:

:param options: Specify the server and properties this client will use. Use a dict with any
            of the following properties:
            * server -- the server address and context path to use. Defaults to ``http://localhost:2990/jira``.
            * rest_path -- the root REST path to use. Defaults to ``api``, where the JIRA REST resources live.
            * rest_api_version -- the version of the REST resources under rest_path to use. Defaults to ``2``.
            * verify -- Verify SSL certs. Defaults to ``True``.
            * client_cert -- a tuple of (cert,key) for the requests library for client side SSL
here is the request:
client_cert – a tuple of (cert,key) for the requests library for client side ssl

snippet are:

options = {
    "server" : "https://%s" % config.get("Jira.server"),
    "verify" : True,
    "client_cert" : ("myAPP.crt",[some key file])
    };
try:
    jirahd = JIRA(options,basic_auth=(config.get("Jira.user"), config.get("Jira.password")));
    Name = jirahd.issue("fwvr-183");
    jirahd.add_comment(Name,"again, test comments for jiradev link.");
    #print jirahd.create_issue(fields=issue_dict).key;
except JIRAError as e:
    sys.stderr.write("Failed to create Jira object.  Message: \"%s\".\n" % (e.text));

i only got .pem file for this, and generated .crt, but still not sure what the key file should be or how to get it, i mean in theory isn't a private key invisible anyway? how can i get one from outside?

Many thanks to this.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
David Currie Atlassian Team Mar 10, 2016

What are you actually trying to do? It looks like just connect to a JIRA instance that's running over HTTPS? If so you could use the server URL.

i want to have the create JIRA function, that's the reason i have to got the cert verified.

i am trying similar for connecting to HTTPS. Are you able to resolve this?

Hi

I am trying to do the same . Is this resolved?

Thanks

Saijo

yes, it's been a while, but I remember I just passed a .pem credential file, and it worked.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you