In jira-python, what should be the tuple of crt and key when do SSL link

Muyuan_Xi March 10, 2016

hi tried a fair long time on how to link in SSL,

in the doc:

:param options: Specify the server and properties this client will use. Use a dict with any
            of the following properties:
            * server -- the server address and context path to use. Defaults to ``http://localhost:2990/jira``.
            * rest_path -- the root REST path to use. Defaults to ``api``, where the JIRA REST resources live.
            * rest_api_version -- the version of the REST resources under rest_path to use. Defaults to ``2``.
            * verify -- Verify SSL certs. Defaults to ``True``.
            * client_cert -- a tuple of (cert,key) for the requests library for client side SSL
here is the request:
client_cert – a tuple of (cert,key) for the requests library for client side ssl

snippet are:

options = {
    "server" : "https://%s" % config.get("Jira.server"),
    "verify" : True,
    "client_cert" : ("myAPP.crt",[some key file])
    };
try:
    jirahd = JIRA(options,basic_auth=(config.get("Jira.user"), config.get("Jira.password")));
    Name = jirahd.issue("fwvr-183");
    jirahd.add_comment(Name,"again, test comments for jiradev link.");
    #print jirahd.create_issue(fields=issue_dict).key;
except JIRAError as e:
    sys.stderr.write("Failed to create Jira object.  Message: \"%s\".\n" % (e.text));

i only got .pem file for this, and generated .crt, but still not sure what the key file should be or how to get it, i mean in theory isn't a private key invisible anyway? how can i get one from outside?

Many thanks to this.

5 answers

0 votes
Muyuan_Xi November 18, 2017

yes, it's been a while, but I remember I just passed a .pem credential file, and it worked.

0 votes
Saijo November 15, 2017

Hi

I am trying to do the same . Is this resolved?

Thanks

Saijo

0 votes
Ravi Shankar January 15, 2017

i am trying similar for connecting to HTTPS. Are you able to resolve this?

0 votes
Muyuan_Xi March 11, 2016

i want to have the create JIRA function, that's the reason i have to got the cert verified.

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2016

What are you actually trying to do? It looks like just connect to a JIRA instance that's running over HTTPS? If so you could use the server URL.

Suggest an answer