In classic Jira, my BOARD looks identical to my backlog...how do I get it to look like a board?

Adam T. Kowal October 28, 2019

Just moved from next gen jira back to classic with bulk move.  Unfortunately -the default board, which the team likes to work from, appears identically to the backlog screen...meaning - no cards to drag between status columns.  Rather - an exact replica of the backlog page.  How do I get the simple board to appear?

Quick update - if i select the board from the board drop down, as stated above, it shows me a backlog view even though the breadcrumb reads "Project Board".  If I click on the breadcrumb trail it refreshes as a board.  Is this a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hi Adam,

The Work and organization is split up into different sections, The organizational aspects are on the Backlog view, and the work items are under the Active Sprints view.

The Board View with the Cards to move issues between statuses is going to be the work portion, and can be located in the "Active Sprints" section of the board, located as the next option below the Backlog option in the side bar navigation menu, here:

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 11.42.38 AM.png

The Backlog view is set up to organize the issues into the sprints, and the Active Sprint view for working on the issues once the Sprint has been started. 

Regards,
Earl

Adam T. Kowal October 31, 2019

I can't believe I missed this.  Thanks.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer