In a filter, how to make sure a custom field doesn't equal another custom field?

Tim Groven
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2011

I have two custom fields that are both dates. I am trying to create a filter that will list issues where the dates in the custom fields do not match.

I try:

cf[10087] != cf[10088]

but get the following error:

Error in JQL Query: Expecting either a value, list or function but got 'cf'. You must surround 'cf' in quotation marks to use it as a value. (line 1, character 55)

Is there a way to do what I need?

Thanks,

Tim

1 answer

0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2011

Hello Tim,

In Jira's documentation you could find:

A query consists of a field, followed by an operator, followed by a value or function. For example, the following query will find all issues in the "TEST" project:

Note that it is not possible to compare two fields.

I've posted a similar kind of question in the forum and did not get a solution: See this thread.

I tried to do a search like "Reporter != Assignee" which does NOT work as well in JQL.

Sorry...I would like to have a solution, too.

BR, Markus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events