In Which database table JIRA License Key will store?

Nageswarara Rao October 3, 2013

Hi,

I got a problem while searching the database tables to find the table that contains the JIRA License Key. Any body help me in which table it will store

Thanks in advanse

7 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2013

Hi Nageswarara,

You can find the license stored in the propertytext table.

Try running the following to find it.

select * from propertytext where id = (select id from propertyentry where property_key = 'License20')

Hope this helps,

Marcus

1 vote
Infra Estrutura October 29, 2015

hello everybody

i want to create a nagios script that checks the license expiration date, somebody knows in which table could i find it?

New February 13, 2018

+1

We also want to  checks the license expiration date,

Is it possible to find which table are stored those value?

Thank you!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

It's not.  It's calculated from the key.

Anuradha Madhyani August 7, 2020

How can I find the usage for roadmap plugin in our jira instance. What is the database query to find out the usage for roadmap plugin? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

That has nothing to do with this question.

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2015

Hello Natalie,

This query should give you the add-ons license you have:

SELECT * FROM public.propertyentry pe JOIN public.propertytext pt on pe.id=pt.id
WHERE pe.property_key like 'com.atlassian.upm.license%';

If you go to JIRA and compare the returned keys you should be able to identify what is the propery key for the specific plugin you want which in this case (Service Desk) is:

com.atlassian.upm.license.internal.impl.PluginSettingsPluginLicenseR339b1704e923b2280c224738f2d48ceb

To understand the above I had to enable the SQL logs and change the license.
To enable the SQL logs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Enabling+detailed+SQL+logging+in+JIRA

I hope it helps.

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013
0 votes
Helpdesk Wildwest.in.ua February 22, 2018

Hi Everyone,

after setingup new JIRA service on own server I'm unable to restore DB. There we no backups from JIRA made, only MySQL DB.

1. Clean JIRA was installed
  2. ./bin/config.sh
    1. changed DB configuration
  3. starting JIRA
    1. first launch succesfull, everything is working (till next restart).
    2. putting JIRA license
    3. after JIRA restart getting 500 error (
      java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.atlassian.extras.decoder.api.LicenseDecoderNotFoundException: Could not find any valid decoders in [com.atlassian.extras.decoder.v2.Version2LicenseDecoder@5a2a6697, com.atlassian.extras.decoder.v1.Version1LicenseDecoder@4d5979b4] for license string <>
  4. checking MySQL DB accordingly to suggested solution - data missing
  5. tried to make clean JIRA isntall, connect it to existing DB and making XML Backup from running instance and than restore it on clean installation - getting same error.

JIRA version is:

0 votes
Chetan Patil November 25, 2015

Please help in searching the database tables to find the table that contains the Confluence License Key and confluence plug-in License Key.

0 votes
Natalie Wenz August 20, 2015

Is there a way to get the license of add-ons like JIRA Agile or JIRA Service Desk by querying the database?

Suggest an answer