In JIRA, is it possible to update all tickets in an EPIC from "Ready" to "Implementing"

Damion Reeves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

When I transition an EPIC from "Ready" to "Implementing", is there a way I can automatically ensure all the tickets within that EPIC are also transitioned from "Ready" to "Implementing" ?

Essentially if I have <X> tickets in the EPIC, I would like to be able to not have to manually change their status from "Ready" to "Implementing"....and would like to know if there is an automated or quicker way in JIRA to do this.

2 answers

0 votes
ArulAnthonySebastian Nadar May 9, 2024

You can search the Epic through Filters.

Then bulk edit it.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Damion Reeves ,

You can try to achieve this through automated rules.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation

Damion Reeves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

Thanks for the quick response Ollie.  We are using on-premises JIRA version 9.2.0 (released 2022-08-25)....I'm not sure if this version has the ability to set automation triggers to transition !

I'll take a look though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events