In JIRA Workflow, is it possible to assign transition's post condition to specific user.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

In workflow, i want to assign transition's post condition to specific user.
How it could be possible ?
i don't want to assign to default user of role post condition.

please also let me know,
what does it mean, "Last user of Role" post condition ?
it means like, user of that role who was assign previously at any level in work flow ? suppose not assigned then what will happen ?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

You can use "Update Issue Field" postfunction to update the assignee to a specific user.

Henning

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Thanks it works.

please also let me know,
what does it mean, "Last user of Role" post condition ?
it means like, user of that role who was assign previously at any level in work flow ? suppose not assigned then what will happen ?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Exactly Dhaval, if I'm not mistaken in case nobody of that role was assigned previously it won't change the assignee.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

If I understand the documentation correctly, if no user of that role is found the assignee is not changed. See here.

0 votes
PravinU November 25, 2013

I guess either I missunderstood it or you need more clarifications. What I want to do is,

I have Code Review step in workflow and when any developer select that state(it is just like Resolve Issue state) and I want that developer to assign that issue to perticular Team Memeber from Code Review group. Currently once they changes issue status to Code Review they need to rememeber and assign that issue to perticular team member, and if they forgot then its problem, so avoid it I want to add some post function where once issue changes its status Assign Dialogue will be shown automatically.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013

ok that make sense, in that case, you can restrict the user by writing a validator which prompt user to enter only Code Review group team member.

Additionally in the validator message, you can display all team members list.

0 votes
PravinU November 25, 2013

Adding to above I need to show Dialogoue box once user changes issue status where he can assign to perticular user? Is their any way to do so?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013
0 votes
Jos Braaksma March 19, 2013

A more powerful alternative to the build-in "Update Issue Field" postfunction is [shameless plug] "Slingshot UpdateFields"(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tiltedsolutions.slingshot.updatefields/version/20130311).

It can set (or add) virtually all issue fields, not just basic ones. As input it can take a fixed value (e.g. username, emailadress), an other fields (e.g. reporter, customfield X), or it can even do some simple calculations/lookups. Datatypes that are similar enough can be used interchangably, e.g. you can add the isue's duedate to it's fixversions, if a version exists with that date as releasedate. Or vice versa.

Besides the postfunction, Slingshot UpdateFields comes with a configurable Listener to synchronize data fields between related issues (or within one issue).

For availablity on OnDemand, ask Atlassian.

Suggest an answer