For our Service Desk project, we want to create an custom field "request subtype" , as select value list
The idea is for
- issue type "Request A" => the custom field will allow choices 1,2,3
- issue type "Request B" => the custom field will allow choices 4,5,6
- default => the custom field will have default value 0
We try to create 3 configuration contexts for the custom field but it failed on JIRA.
Global context is ok.
Second context (request A) is ok (even if jira force to select a project)
We cannot create the third context because jira request to select another projet in association with ticket type "Request B"
Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.
Unfortunately, it is not possible in JIRA to add multiple contexts to the same project or add multiple global contexts without specifying the project, however, we clearly understand that this would be a useful feature request to be implemented in JIRA. That being said, we created a feature request to get it implemented:
Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.
Since we have found some issues during the implementation of this functionality and will be needing to perform some Performance and stability improvements in the application, we still don't have an ETA to get it implemented, however, the workaround below should give you an option while we work to get it implemented:
- Create 1 JIRA project for each issue type
- Configure custom field context for each Jira project.
- Manage all issue from a dashboard
Let me know if you still have any questions, Elodie.
Thanks for elements petter,
I vote for the feature.
My workaround is :
- create different issue types per issue
- create different fields , one per type
- fill the "final field" with the values of each type via a workflow
I strongly recommand that the limitation is clearly explained in Jira, to take it in account during setup of a projet.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events