I planned a system restore from a full backup XML created 4 days ago. I am aware of that about 200 issues of one of our main projects are created during that 4 days so I do an issues search and export that 200 issues to an XML file. (XML file export option is provided by JIRA by default)
I thought we can imports such file into the project without having to create them again. However, I can't find a way to do it from the project admin or even via the JIRA Import Plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin
So my questions:
1. Is there a way to import such 200 issues using the XML files
My XML file can be found here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0UXu_Ee2OmyaUZ4cWl0SGVKTGM/
2. Can I convert that XML file into a CSV and then import to the project using JIRA Importer Plugin? How we can convert that XML file?
1. You can import project information from a full backup XML by selecting:
- select Administration
- select Import Project in System, Import & Export section
- Enter filename in Project Import: Select Backup File ...
Link to details in Atlassian documentation:
2. XML file has a lot of data, not only information about issues of the project. My opinion is that it is to complicated to find and convert proper data to CSV.
As I know your backup file to import project must be located at JIRA_HOME/import/ (e.g. /home0/jira/import). You will get detailed information about location after selecting Import Project link.
Additional information about JIRA_HOME directory: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Home+Directory
And don't forget to preapare attachments (please read detailed information about attachments in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup).
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot