Importing issues in JIRA project

Hari Prasath P May 13, 2019

We have tried importing issues using CSV file containing 20,000 issues. But only 250 issues can be imported successfully, it throws an error message "Current JIRA settings allows you to create only 250 issues via single CSV file. Please check Advanced Settings to adjust this value".

How can I solve this issue and import them into project?

2 answers

0 votes
Shwetha Suvarna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Hi Hari,

Unfortunately, the 250 limits cannot be raised in the Cloud environment for performance concerns. There is however a feature request for this:

*JRACLOUD-67678

I would encourage you to visit the feature page linked above and click the *Watch* link near the top right to be kept informed of progress on the request going forward. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward in accordance with our [Implementation of New Features Policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html].

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Shwetha
Atlassian Cloud Support 

Hari Prasath P May 14, 2019

Hi Shwetha,

Thank you for your quick response. The information was useful. We have enabled watch option and will track over it regularly. Other than CSV import, is there any option available to add issues(bulk create) in JIRA cloud?

Cheers,

Hari Prasath P

Like Sergei likes this
Sergei May 9, 2022

Yes, it would be nice if there was an alternative that provided higher limits (desktop app perhaps?).

0 votes
Bunty May 13, 2019

Go to system --> Advanced settings --> jira.bulk.create.max.issues.per.import 

Change the value to 20,000 at jira.bulk.create.max.issues.per.import

Hari Prasath P May 14, 2019

Hi Bunty,

I couldn't find out this settings option in JIRA cloud.

Cheers,

Hari Prasath P

Like Sergei likes this

Suggest an answer