Importing issues from csv file removes all the issue Description.

Need help: whenever I import issues using csv file from another JIRA instance, the resulting issues in my instance have no issue description. I have read everything I could and found no answer...

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Julien, maybe the CSV it's not well configured.

Check this section on the document about the separators:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Data+from+CSV#ImportingDatafromCSV-PreparingyourCSVfile

Thanks for the tip Ramiro, the description is pretty long so could be that items spanning several lines need those " " on each side. By any chance do you know how to add these characters as a bulk to a column? There are 200+ issues in there...

When I did my import starting with JIRA I did a query on my previous system database with all the fields I needed and the results I export to excel as a CSV file using PLSQL, it was pretty easy. Only needed to do a good query and I even named every column of my result as the name of the Jira field :D

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,380 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you