Importing from Mantis

Vladimir Nikitin June 10, 2015

Hi,

We are importing projects from Mantis to JIRA 6.2.7

We encounter following issues :

• "Description" field is not imported to JIRA. All other fields are imported correctly.
  • While importing, we want to merge two Mantis projects into one JIRA project. If we select both the projects in the import wizard, first project is over written. Any help in this will be very helpful.

Thank you for all the help or pointers.

3 answers

0 votes

Also unable to import "Issue History".

0 votes

Thanks Rahul for the help/ suggestion.

I tried the first option, and imported data to separate projects, and used bulk edit option to merge the two projects into one.

Faced an issue while merging two projects in JIRA. Some  fields were merged correctly but many fields got added as part of comments. In the comments these fields are shown with the correct value (as in Mantis) and marked as  Original value. These fields are not searchable or recognized.

I will also try excelimport.

Please keep sharing any more thoughts you have on this.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

For the second issue, i would recommend doing the operation twice, i.e. move two mantis projects into two JIRA projects. Once you have the data into JIRA, use the bulk edit feature to move all issues from one JIRA project to another.

Regarding the first, i am not sure. But i would first check the mapping is defined correctly or not. 

If nothing works, the fallbackoption is to export the data into excel and do an excelimport.

Rahul

Suggest an answer