Importing from Bugzilla gives JDBC driver name error

Bugzilla verson 2.00 on MySQL, JIRA 6.0.6, MySQL-connector-java-gpl-5.1.26

Importing the data into SQL 2008 R2. This worked in earlier versions of JIRA (6.0.3).

You must specify a valid JDBC driver name for the connection to the database.

Error connecting to the database: JDBC driver class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Any ideas on how I can get past this? Where can I correct the JDBC driver name since JIRA evidentally has specified it incorrectly by default? Or is this a bug in 6.0.6?

Thanks!

2 answers

Hi Michael,

You'll need to download the MySQL JDBC driver here:

- http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j

Drop it on the $JIRA_INST/lib directory, and then, restart JIRA after that. Probably the driver has been removed during the upgrade from 6.0.3 -> 6.0.6.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

I'd be interested to know if _anyone_ has had success importing from Bugzilla into JIRA 6.0.6 using the latest recommended MySQL driver 5.1.26. We're even using an old version of Bugzilla, 2.0.

MySQL Workbench installed on the same server as JIRA connects to the Bugzilla MySQL instance and database without a problem, so it's not host/database/port/user/pw/remote access issues.

Thanks Lucas, however I did that to no avail before posting (note: MySQL version 5.1.26, which is the target of your link). And yes the MySQL driver is not included anymore due to Oracle engulfing MySQL and no longer providing license. Even tried the platform independent verson.

Previously the Bugzilla import worked with JIRA 6.0.3 and 6.0.5, using MySQL JDBC 5.1.25. I've uninstalled 6.0.6 and I'm trying to backpeddle back to that combination.

Hello Michael,

I tested Jira 6.0.6 with Bugzilla 2.22 running on MySQL and I couldn't find any errors - all data was imported successfully. In your case I still think that JIRA cannot find a proper MySQL driver. Please check if you have installed driver correctly. You can find some helpful information in our documentation (Section 2):

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL

Best Regards,

Przemysław Borkowski

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,772 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot