It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing Sprint field value in JSON format doesn't work Edited

I have an empty project, that is no Sprints exists. I am attempting to import issues with a Sprint field, so following the documentation I structured the JSON as follows:

... excerpt from some issue ...

"customFieldValues"
: [ { "fieldName": "Sprint", "fieldType": "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint", "value": [ { "rapidViewId": 30, "state": "Complete", "name": "New Sprint" } ] } ]

However I get an error for every issue with a Sprint field:

Cannot add value [ {state=CLOSED, name=Sprint 54 FE (05.12. - 18.12.)} ] to CustomField Sprint in Issue with summary 'new LTIs for ProTrain, DB Personas and NAP': null

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

Hi Laszlo,

I have the same issue. Did you resolve this problem?

Hi Jacek,

I am afraid, it doesn't work. There is no way to correctly import the start date, end date and finish date this way.

I ended up writing a script that created the sprints and assigned the issues to the correct sprints via the REST API.

It's a pain.

Additionally, the "Finish Date" can't be set via the API either. It will be the time your script marks the Sprint as finished, which screws up the reporting.

(sigh)

Hi Laszlo,

It was working before Jira cloud update. Now it looks broken.

Thanks for your fast response :)

0 votes

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I happened to notice that you raised the same request in our support portal, and my colleague, Belto, is already assisting you with this issue.

Once the issue is resolved, please feel free to reply here with the resolution, as it can help other users in the future.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

I can't get this function to work. Is there a resolution to it?

Belto Atlassian Team Oct 08, 2019

@Vincent Mutambuki If you're having trouble importing a JSON file I recommend raising a support request at support providing the file being used and specifying what exactly isn't working (errors, failure, ect...)

Thanks for your response. We have it fixed now. The sprint object was not in an Array. The warning it was throwing was misleading. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you