Importing CSV : can not find estimate fields

tomvl October 16, 2019

I want to import a CSV file in Jira Cloud but i can not find a field to map the original estimate or remaining estimate.

I could do this in a former version of Jira (self hosted) --> also explained on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Why isn't it possible to select an estimate field?

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.16.42.pngScreenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.22.52.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

if you are system admin, you can try to import CSV by using below steps:-

Go to System > external import (left had side pane) > select CSV > upload file > select project > map fields

tomvl October 7, 2021

Indeed I am a system admin, this works!

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
2 votes
Matthias Nickel September 14, 2020

And what can I do, if I'm not an admin? 

Abhishek Gera November 2, 2021

Any answers here? Anything to do with permissions?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

@Matthias Nickel @Abhishek Gera  For Non JIRA admin, i suggest to use REST API to update exsiting issues.  Using postman you can update/edit mutiple issues in a single run, only you need to create a csv file and create variable in postman . it's very easy and fast process. No Admin access required for this. 

Kindly give it a try.  

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

Matthias Nickel February 16, 2022

@Vikrant Yadav I actually used the REST API, which was actually quite interesting. As I'm not an "professional" IT guy, my company didn't allowed me to use any programming application/tools like Python or any other platform. So I used excel to write an VBA script program/ tool to import/add tasks, create new users and create reports. 

Took me some time, but working great right now. 

Thanks. 

Like # people like this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

Great @Matthias Nickel  You created a new method for updating issue using VBA. 

Suggest an answer