Import users to JIRA with LDAP authentication possible?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

We need to import users (app 200 users at least) and we have found Jelly scripts :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jira:CreateUser

But there is no choice to set what "kind of " user, so I am thinking if it is possible to use this and get that type of account. With the LDAP Authentication that is.

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">

<jira:CreateUser username="new-user"password="password"confirm="password"

fullname="Full name"email="test@test.com"/>

<jira:CreateUser username="new-user" password="password" confirm="password"

fullname="Full name" email="test@test.com"/>

</JiraJelly>

Perhaps thera are other ways to do this? I would be greatful to get input here.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Susanne,

I believe the other option for doing this would be to import them using the JIRA Command Line Interface plugin, which is a commercial plugin but you can evaluate it for free, (although you may well find it's so useful you purchase it for future tasks also). However, you can read about importing users using the JIRA CLI plugin here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/146178/is-there-a-way-to-import-users-from-csv-file-in-jira

All the best,
John

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

Thanks, I will adwise my client to do this.

Suggest an answer