Import sub-task to existing task occur id valid selection problem

Umi April 10, 2023

Hi everyone, I am using jira server v8.22.2

I would like to import 'sub-task' from CSV to JIRA linking the sub-tasks to existing task, and I already get parent id from export csv

The CSV is like:

image.png

when i import i cannot find mapping "parent_key"option, so i only use parent_id mapping to make parent-child relationship. and i have tried not using issue_id, or using parent_key to map the parent-child relation. it always appear parent id error. what should i do to fix this problem?image.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Umi 

Please read this guide here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html:

Creating sub-tasks

You can create sub-tasks of issues through a CSV file import by encapsulating this structure in your CSV file. To do this:

• The CSV file must have two additional columns whose headings should be named similarly to Issue Id and Parent Id.
  • Ensure that each regular (non sub-task) issue is given a unique (sequential) number in the Issue Id column. Do not include any value in the Parent Id fields for regular issues.
  • ***** ----> To create a sub-task of a regular issue in your CSV file, reference the unique Issue Id number of the regular issue in the Parent Id column. Don't set any value in the Issue Id fields for sub-tasks. <-----*****
Umi April 10, 2023

hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

even i don't map the issue id but it still appear same error. does it means that i need to add one more row about issue-35692 and give it an id to map the relation?

using nevigator> system > external import> update issue to create sub-tasks?

image.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

I didn't have any problem importing tasks & subtasks together:

importing00.png

importing01.png

importing02.png

importing03.png

Umi April 12, 2023

I mean with the following csv example I cannot map the parent id with exist task.

is Jira server only can import sub-task with a csv file with both task and sub-tasks? image.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

@Umi your csv, if you want to import ONLY sub-tasks, must be like below:

csv import.png

In your case, copy/paste the "parent key" to the "parent id" column and delete completely the "parent key" column.

I've tried it and it works.

Umi April 12, 2023

it works!!!  Thanks a lot~

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Great! Kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others in this community with similar questions. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events